Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2003, 07:45 AM   #1
IronBar
Banned

Location: Like the Bird of Paradise, I've flown up your nose.
The Perdomo Review Thread

OK folks, so I didn't get a chance to smoke even ONE cigar last weekend! Too damned busy! So, I finally had the opportunity to do so last night at the East County Cigar Club meeting.

I had two Perdomo cigars last night. These are from the trade I did with briand. And I would like to point out right from the start that my reviews do not reflect anything on Brian, nor his choice of stogies. As we all know very well, taste is subjective, and I am very grateful to Brian for giving me the opportunity to post my reviews. So, here goes.

Perdomo Estate Reserve Robusto Natural
I started off the evening on my way to the herf with this cigar. Construction seemed pretty good. There ws only one noticeable soft spot near the foot. Clipped clean, drew well, lit well. The burn on this cigar was very uneven throughout the cigar but did not require touch-up. It just burned very jaggedly. Ash was medium to dark grey and very flakey.

Flavor was pretty good though. It was not complex, but still very good. The overwhelming characteristic I tasted was a woody, nutty flavor, and had a dry finish. (And for all you fruits out there, yes I DO know how gay that sounds! )

Anyway, in spite of the burn and ash that kept flaking off on me, I smoked this one almost down to the band. Mixed review. Good flavor, so-so construction.

Perdomo Estate Reserve Robusto Maduro
When I arrived at the herf, I immediately went into this one. Construction on this one was a little off. Rough looking wrapper leaf, and the cap was not good. Looked as if it was put on as an afterthought. Clipped clean, drew well, and lit well. The burn on this one was very sharp in contrast to it's brother. Ash was very tight- light to dark grey.

Flavor however was where it got serious points marked down. It never developed into anything but an exceptionally average maduro cigar. I kept smoking it hoping it would open up and get a little more complex. But it was just straighforward and kind of blah. Then, the classic Perdomo smush begins.

It started getting soft between my fingers the further I got. By the time I got almost to the halfway point, the cigar was almost as soft and spongy as a Twinkie and I could literally pinch it to less than half it's original diameter!

Overall this cigar is NOT what I would expect out of such an expensive smoke. Two thumbs down!

I'll continue to add to this thread as I get more of them smoked!
IronBar is offline   Reply With Quote