Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
jcwbnimble

What's all the hype with Tatuaje

Ok,

I picked up a 3 pack of the Tainos size from CI a few weeks ago. I let them rest and fired one up for my drive home. I will say that it was a good stick. Nice flavors that progressed as I nubbed it, but definitely not a $12 cigar IMHO.

Now here is my quandry. Why are these things so expensive and why do people rave over them so much? Again, it was a tasty stick, but I can get a Siglo IV (my absolute favorite cigar, and superior cigar at that) for exactly the same price. Are the people who are raving over these the ones who have never gone to the side?

I have heard people say these are very cubanesque. I have to strongly disagree. Good flavors, but about the only thing cubanesque about this cigar was the fact that the roller is probably of cuban descent