Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2005, 10:50 AM   #1
Anodyne
Club Member

500th Post Contest: LYAO & Stump Your Fellow CW'ers POL

EDIT: See POLL THREAD in CBNC

I'm not quite at 500 posts just yet but couldn't resist waiting any longer. I've had this idea for a week or more and I'm excited to kick it off...

Here's the Deal:

The object of this contest is to post your best joke here. Sounds easy, right? Well, there's a catch. The joke has to have never been posted on CW before. I've read plenty of great jokes here and have noticed most have been repeated. So I'm looking for "new" material for the annals of CW.

The rules:

1) You may post 2 jokes per day.

2) Anyone else may "research" your joke against the CW backlog and if it's found to have been posted before, your joke is immediately out of the running. This must be done by posting a link to the prior telling(s) of the joke. Even if it's been told in a differently worded way, it can still be knocked out of the running.

2a) If there are any disputes, I will be the sole judge and jury.

3) If both of your daily jokes are found to have been told before on CW, you have to wait till the next day to post any more.

4) The first part of the contest (submissions) will run until Nov. 2 at 11:59 p.m. EST. No more entries after that and no more challenges to the newness of the jokes.

5) Once all submissions are in, I will pick my 5 favorite and will run a poll to chose the winner from those 5. And, yes, one person may have more than one joke in the top 5. So submit jokes every day to increase your odds!

The Prize: A nice sampler from my stash. I guarantee at least 15 cigars. Some of all varieties. Yard 'gars, premiums, super premiums... and a few extra goodies as well!

The goal here is to tell the best joke and to also have fun sabotaging your fellow CW'ers. Do not be timid... search for their jokes and if it's been told before on CW, CALL THEM OUT ON IT!

Have fun and let the joke telling begin....

P.S. I checked with Sancho Panza before posting in this forum and he ok'd it.

**** EDIT: Just to step up the incentive to knock out the old jokes, I'll send out a 5'er to the person who accumulates the most "knock outs" before the submission deadline!!! ****

Alright, this was WAY harder than I thought it was going to be. But I don't know what I would have done if all you guys hadn't helped shoot down so many jokes.

I ended up clearing out all the eliminated jokes and the ones that didn't make me cackle and came out with 21 great jokes! After much agonizing, I've narrowed it down to 6.

I'm going to put them into one thread in the CBNC room and let everyone vote on them through the weekend. Voting will end Monday afternoon. At the end of the voting, I'll announce the winner of the best joke contest as well as the person who eliminated the most old jokes.

Once again, thanks to everyone for giving me some great laughs and making this a fun contest... best of luck to the finalists!
Anodyne is offline   Reply With Quote