Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 03-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
jgbutler
Herf Meister

Bourbontucky

Just got through watching a show that I recorded last night on Audience HD called Bourbontucky. It was an interesting show covering Kentucky bourbons and the distilleries from which they are produced. It included commentary from master distillers from the many Kentucky distilleries about their brands as well as the history of the distilleries and bourbon in general. Also commentary from historians, owners of bourbon bars, chefs, a restaurant that does bourbon tastings and other things.

Very cool and interesting show. If you get a chance to catch it, it is well worth the hour and a half time spent.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:54 AM   #2
macsauce13
Club Member

I'd like to see this. Wonder if its on Netflix.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:09 AM   #3
jgbutler
Herf Meister

I'm not sure if it is or not. I meant to check last night and see but forgot to before I called it a night.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:32 AM   #4
vernonator
Herf Meister

I saw it too and agree that it was very interesting - the coolest was the video of the distillery fire, with RIVERS of bourbon pouring down the hills....they said that fire destroyed 6% of the worlds bourbon!!! I can't remember the name of the distillery tree something? Maybe hill?
vernonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:09 AM   #5
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

It was Heaven Hill. They produce Evan Williams and Elijah Craig, among others. 4 aging houses gone.

News footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6XtnqDLC_k

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:01 AM   #6
vernonator
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
It was Heaven Hill. They produce Evan Williams and Elijah Craig, among others. 4 aging houses gone.

News footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6XtnqDLC_k
Bingo!!! That is the footage they used as well....the footage at around the 10min mark is just amazing
vernonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:22 AM   #7
jgbutler
Herf Meister

On the show the guy from Heaven Hill stated that it was six aging warehouses that burned (100,000 barrels). Said it wound up flowing right down to the distillery, caught it on fire and burned it down as well. Not sure about any other distilleries but I know that both Jim Beam and Wild Turkey started producing their bourbon for them to help them get back on their feet.

Yeah that was an unreal video of the fire. He said there were barrels just exploding like bombs going off!