Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
pinto

MG Custom Shaggy

a couple years ago I picked up a series of "custom" rolled cigars from fellow member MasterGates I stashed them away in the cabinet and forgot I had them. I did a little rumaging yeserday and pulled one out. The cigar was lonsdale size with a huge shaggy foot. I had hand labeled it with a date of 6/07.

The construction was very nice. Chocolate brown, veinless wrapper, wrapped tightly around a very solidly bunched center and noticably thicker binder. The shaggy foot was well bunched and extended a full 2 plus inches from the end of the wrapper. I expected a tight draw, but once clipped I was very surprised at the smooth easy draw. Once lit the burn was razor sharp and even for the entire smoke.

The cigar was medium bodied, natural tobacco was the dominate flavor for the initial 3rd as the cigar picked up steam it progressed to a very prounounced dark chocolate and honey profile, while finishing up leathery and earthy in the final 3rd.

I was pleasantly surprised and very impressed with this "sourced" cigar. The flavor profile was certainly habano, the construction was spot on, and I anticipate smoking a few more of these in the near future, while reserving the remainder for another couple years of aging.

If you grabbed any these and put them aside I strongly recommend breaking them out for a test ride.

-"The bottle was dusty, but the liquor was clean"

Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™

Last edited by pinto; 05-17-2009 at 04:31 PM.
pinto is offline   Reply With Quote