Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:34 AM   #1
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Aristocrat Mini

Well, I have been researching cabinet humidors for a while and I think I have finally made a decision. If all works out, I will be ordering an Aristocrat Mini within the next month or so. I have spoken with Bob via e-mail on several occasions and he has got to be one of the nicest guys out there. For what it's worth, Matt from Avallo also promptly responded to my inquiry.

Right now, I am debating whether I should get the mini with 1 shelf and 1 drawer, which is the standard setup, or whether I should opt for 2 shelves only. I plan on using the cabinet for storage only and will continue to use my desktop humi for my smoking stock. The cost difference is less than $20, so I wouldn't be making this decision on accont of cost. It just seems like I would maximize my storage capacity by having 2 shelves rather than having a singles drawer.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there something I'm missing or have not considered?

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:44 AM   #2
aurorahokie
Club Member

Re: Aristocrat Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G
Well, I have been researching cabinet humidors for a while and I think I have finally made a decision. If all works out, I will be ordering an Aristocrat Mini within the next month or so. I have spoken with Bob via e-mail on several occasions and he has got to be one of the nicest guys out there. For what it's worth, Matt from Avallo also promptly responded to my inquiry.

Right now, I am debating whether I should get the mini with 1 shelf and 1 drawer, which is the standard setup, or whether I should opt for 2 shelves only. I plan on using the cabinet for storage only and will continue to use my desktop humi for my smoking stock. The cost difference is less than $20, so I wouldn't be making this decision on accont of cost. It just seems like I would maximize my storage capacity by having 2 shelves rather than having a singles drawer.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there something I'm missing or have not considered?
You might want to go with the PLUS if you can swing it. Everyone seems to always wish they went at least onse size bigger. If you're only wanting to put boxes in it, I'd get the shelves. I use mine for both, so I got 2 drawers and 2 shelve(got the plus). Are you sure you only want to smoke out of your desktop?

Also, the drawers are deep enough to hold 50 cigars in each section, so that's anywhere from 6-8 boxes per drawer.

And yes, Bob is great!

Cow Tse Toungue
The cow says..."moooo"
aurorahokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:10 AM   #3
dman11

I ordered a mini from Bob about 3 weeks ago. I actually added a second drawer to it. I'll keep one of my desktops for smoking stash but figured since I like seeing my smokes I would just take them out of their box and use some seperators in the drawer. It might even allow me fit a few more cigars in thier since I'll be eliminating the boxes.

I just hope it arrives soon. Haven't heard from Bob since I ordered it but Im sure mine is on his list. Can't wait to get it in and fill it up.
dman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:11 AM   #4
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

The mini is a stretch for me in all departments - cost, capacity and space. The wife doesn't want me to spend anymore and anything larger will just take up too much space in the house - the mini is the perfect size for me. As for storage, the mini And, I'd rather store the cigars in there boxes rather than in a singles drawerprovides more than enough storage capacity for me. I only smoke about 100 cigars a year, so the mini has enough storage capacity for me to age a few years worth of cigars.

I really don't think I would use the mini for my smoking stock, since it is just easier to open the desktop humi. And, I'd rather store the cigars in their boxes rather than remove them and put them in a singles drawer.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:19 AM   #5
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman11
I ordered a mini from Bob about 3 weeks ago. I actually added a second drawer to it. I'll keep one of my desktops for smoking stash but figured since I like seeing my smokes I would just take them out of their box and use some seperators in the drawer. It might even allow me fit a few more cigars in thier since I'll be eliminating the boxes.

I just hope it arrives soon. Haven't heard from Bob since I ordered it but Im sure mine is on his list. Can't wait to get it in and fill it up.
I'm hoping to be doing the real soon.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #6
dswogger

I think Viper's doing custom jobs comparably priced --- before I bought I'd check with him....

....more to the point --- who's got time for storage --- buy 'em aged, settle 'em in and smoke 'em now......
dswogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:17 AM   #7
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswogger
....more to the point --- who's got time for storage --- buy 'em aged, settle 'em in and smoke 'em now......
Good plan! Who needs to store cigars anyway. Just buy them and smoke them.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:27 AM   #8
dswogger

Quote:
Quote:
There ya go --- all ya need's a couple of desktops --- one for settling and one for maintain. $600 - $800 buys a lotta good premium smokes....
dswogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:26 PM   #9
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
There ya go --- all ya need's a couple of desktops --- one for settling and one for maintain. $600 - $800 buys a lotta good premium smokes....
Of course, nothing looks or smells better than a cabinet full of premium cigars.

Old 04-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #10
cigarfan
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman11
I know how you feel. I got my aristocrat about a month ago. Waiting was tough..but the email came..saying it had been shipped. I was excited. When it arrived, and I got it unpacked...I was even MORE happy. It isn't cheap, but it doesn't look cheap either. Very well built. One of those items that is actually worth the money.

As for filling it up, regardless of size, it will not take long to get full. Believe me. When I first got mine (Endtable, btw), I thought..it will take me a year to fill this one up. Nearly full a month later.