Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
Smoker06
Herf God

Los Volcanes Robusto

Los Volcanes Robusto

Bottom line up front: Wow, this is a powerful cigar. The FFF members will enjoy this one; robust in flavor and high in nicotine content. I smoked this one after dinner and it still made me light-headed. That rarely happens to me.

Notes:

Prelight: Beautiful dark brown, oscuro wrapper; small veins, light tooth, sweet aroma, very firm bunch, clean clip, perfect draw

First third: Very strong, powerful earthy flavor, initial crooked burn straightened out quickly, thick light grey smoke, flaky medium gray ash, long finish

Second two-thirds: Strength waned a bit (or maybe I got used to it), high nicotine component is now very noticeable, I find that if I smoke it slow it maintains woodsy, cedar flavors. If I smoke it faster, “double and triple clutching”, it develops strong herbal flavors -- very unusual. So I smoked it the rest of the way using varying draws to vary the flavors.

Final assessment: Recommended. If you like full-flavored, strong cigars, give this one a chance, it’s a very good cigar. If you’re a mild cigar smoker, steer clear of this one.