Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 06-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
FSUScotsman
Herf God

Ginger Ale

Since we have the cream soda thread I thought I would start the ginger ale thread.

Locally we can get all of the regular store brands which basically suck, but there is one mass market that is very good, Vernor's.

We can also get one boutique ale from S. Carolina call Blenheim. I LOVE this stuff. They make it in in several flavors, and one is VERY spicy!!! I love it with bourbon!!!
The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist!!!!
FSUScotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #2
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

I'm pretty picky about Ginger ales. I am not at all a fan of tart or sour drinks, I like them either sweet, bitter, or neutral. Lemonade, cranberry juice, they have to be rather sweet.

Lots of the gingerales that I have had were seriously lacking in Ginger, and just struck me as being fizzy gross water.

Ginger tea kept me trying them, though, and I have once in a while hit on one that is spicy, hot and gingery, and also maintains some sweetness. Shasta is not really too bad by that criteria, but it is too sugary.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
Anodyne
Club Member

Re: Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUScotsman
We can also get one boutique ale from S. Carolina call Blenheim. I LOVE this stuff. They make it in in several flavors, and one is VERY spicy!!! I love it with bourbon!!!
Blenheim is the best! And you're right, Ron... it goes very well with bourbon.

The hot variety is great to clear the sinuses. My wife thinks I'm crazy when I buy a 4 pack of the hot and just down them one after the other. But it's so gooooooooood!
Old 06-11-2006, 06:53 AM   #4
FSUScotsman
Herf God

Only one store close to me sells the stuff and it is 25 miles from here!!! I don't get it very often but when I do I hoard it.
The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist!!!!
FSUScotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #5
OregonDuck
Club Member

Cock'n Bull Ginger Beer is by far the best I have ever had. It packs enough ginger to actually make it spicy.

OregonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
qajariaq
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Bundaberg ginger beer is great. Not the same spicy style of ginger drinks mentioned, more like a very flavorful ginger ale.
qajariaq is offline   Reply With Quote