Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2004, 08:17 PM   #1
ualtim

To seperate or not seperate when hot?

Okay, new pipe which I can not get a pipe cleaner down the mouth end of the bit and requires seperating the bit from the bowl in order to work a pipe cleaner into the bowl. I packed and lit a bowl of the Tinder Box's Back Russian and started to smoke. About halfway through the bowl, I began to notice a gurgling sound in the bottom of the bowl but did not want to seperate the bit from the pipe in fear of causing some damage. I have read several disenting opinions on whether to seperate the bit when hot or waiting till the bowl cools. What is your experience with this? Will it cause damage or is it OK to do so I can clean out the moisture?

This is the first time I have experienced gurgle, and the bottom of the bowl was quite wet when I finished. From what I have read, it sounds like my Black Russian may be a wee bit wet and needs to dry out some. As I can not fit a standard pipe cleaner through the bit without seperating, does anyone have any ideas on fixing the gurgle? Should I get some of those "soft" pipe cleaners and see if they will fit in the bit?

Thanks for your help
ualtim is offline   Reply With Quote