Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2004, 12:51 PM   #1
ualtim

Newbie questions

OK ladies and gentlemen, I was chatting with _gonz_ the other night and he convinced me to give pipe smoking a try. So far, I have only smoked out of the corncob pipe I bought the other night along with some Captain Black that I bought as well. I must admit, I really enjoyed the pipe smoking experience and I am looking to get into the pastime a bit further. OK, question time.

What is the difference between briar pipes and meerschaum pipe? The meerschaum sounds easier to take care (I could be wrong on this, but its just from what I read) than the briar and I was wondering what your opinions of the two types are?

The closest pipe tobacco shop I can find in my area is the "Tinder Box" in one of the malls on I-drive. I have seen this chain in several malls across the country and was wondering how their prices are. Are they a good pipe shop with decent prices or should I look into the internet sites tedski posted on a different post?

Is there a retailer who sells sampler packs (kind of like a cigar sampler pack) with small volumes of different tobaccos or should I look elsewhere?

Thank you for your assistance.
ualtim is offline   Reply With Quote