Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Dea Belicoso

I don't often write reviews in this forum, and in doing so this time, I'm breaking a cardinal CW idea, that of reviewing a cigar after only one example. But I couldn't help myself.

Longtime CW Member MDMan of www.MDCigars.com sent me some of his brand-spanking new Dea cigars to try. So I couldn't hold off any longer, I took my boys to the ball park this evening for evaluations in their respective age leagues and decided I was going to smoke one.

There was the slightest of breezes, making the evening simply lovely whilst I'm sitting between two fields trying to watch each of my sons.

I brought the belicoso with me, and I must tell you, these cigars have one of the prettiest rosado wrappers you'll ever see. Now it may have been the breeze, but the wrapper did not burn evenly, I was constantly touching it up.

HOWEVER, the cigar never went out, until the very end when I got busy picking up my chair, bat bags, book bag, etc. Whatever kept the wrapper from burning evenly, did not affect the rest of the cigar. The wrapper is Sumatra, and the filler blend contains Honduran, Nicaraguan and Caribbean (whatever that is.) If you click the link to read the CW First Look, you'll see that MDMan settled on a blend decidedly milder than many trends right now.

His claim of mild to medium, though, to me, is more straight medium. It IS a flavorful cigar, with a spicy (read cinnamon) sweetness to it. I'm not going to come out and say it's a really good cigar, just yet. The first one, though, WAS a really good cigar. I've got the bag sitting right here, and I'd really like to have another. Maybe tomorrow evening, I'll try one of the other two sizes....one is a nice, slim, double corona, and the robusto.

I'll update as I know more, but out the gate, this is a nice cigar.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is online now   Reply With Quote