Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
steak
Club Member

My NEW Savinelli meets Beauregard

To start with , I`m glad I didn`t spend the entire $500 on a new pipe.
My new pipe arrived last Thursday. A Savinelli Giubilio D`Oro Bent, brand new and never been smoked. Right out of the box and then ought of the cloth sleeve !! I had always been leary of the used pipes I bought , not knowing where and in what they`ve been dipped before I get hold of it. Never enough alxohol to sterilize them.
After I swabbed the stem out w/ alcohol and let it dry I made my way to the family room where Mrs Steak had fire going. I loaded my new pipe and comenced to have a smoke, Warm fire on a cold day , a good pipe that I know will get better as time passes and my young Australian Shepherd named Beau .
Beau is about 9 months old very energetic. He runs the horses and pony into the barn at feeding time. Other than that little bit of work , he lives inside with us..He and I had been playing earlier and was still a bit wound up , I was ready to sit so I settled into the reclyner watching tv and pulling on this shiny new pipe. I made it about 2/3 of the way through the 1st bowl before I fell asleep .
According to the clock I had only been napping about 45 minutes or so when I was awaken by the distant sound of footsteps crunching in cold crisp snow. I sat up in my chair and , trying to shake the drowsiness from my head when I happened to glance over and see Beau , stretched out on the floor and pointed away from me . He was making those crunchy foot-step sounds !? I turned to grab my new pipe out of the rest on the end table. No pipe !
I know, I took a long winded time getting to the meat of the tail.
Beauregard was laying on the floor chewing the shit out of my new pipe. His teeth are sharp as razors , I`ve got the marks to prove it. i couldn`t decide what course of action to take first . Do I beat the hell out of him ? yell and scream ? snatch the handgun out from under the cushion and plug him ? baseball bat ? These thoughts flashed in an instant. I said his name real sharp because he stopped chewing immediately.
I snatched the pipe up and was not hapy about it. The briar is not damaged too bad the stem is all but hopeless. Teeth marks all over the stem , fortunately none are through.The next day i went into town to the hardware stor. I picked up several sheets of sand paper , the finest I could find . After almost 4 hrs of sanding and buffing the stem is almost presentable . There is 1 tooth mark on the underside of the stem that is almost through, I did all I could for it. Unless I see the tooth marks in the briar causing trouble , I am leaving the briar as it is.