Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2006, 05:57 AM   #1
Bernie*C

Stokkebye Bulls Eye Flake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokkebye's Web Page
Bulls Eye Flake
Tobacco selection: A blend of ripe Virginia tobaccos spiced with pure Louisiana Perique. The center of Black Cavendish smooths out the taste.
Tobacco Cut: The outer blend is pressed into thin layers before being tightly spun around a stick of pressed Black Cavendish. The result is a massive ‘cigar’ which is cut into ‘medallions’ and packed.

Tobacco Flavor/Aroma: Lightly aromatic, medium strength.
Recommendations: Most enjoyable on its own. Select 2 to 3 slices – rub gently by hand and fill the pipe lightly.
Link to photo

I purchased 8 oz. from Mars Cigars and Pipes and am thinking that I should purchased a pound or more. It's a very interesting tobacco. The individual circles of tobacco must be thoroughly rubbed out to comfortably fill your pipe. The description, above, from the Stokkebye site is quite accurate. I would have preferred that the center core of each circle, comprised of black cavendish, have been a bit larger, but, as the tobacco rests for a few months my opinion may change. The intent of the black cavendish, according to Stokkebye, is to "smooth out" the blend. Until it ages, a bit, I think it still may need a touch of smoothing.

I've smoked several bowls in different pipes and found that Luxury Bulls Eye Flake seems to smoke best in a sizeable bowl, one in which you'll rub out two or three circles of tobacco to fill the bowl.

The room note is very nice. The core of black cavendish does its aromatic job.
Bernie*C is offline   Reply With Quote