Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

CW Blind Review 2008 #2 Reyes Premier Perfecto

Reyes Premier Perfecto

NICE cigar.
Quote:
The story of this atypical review necessarily begins in late 2007, when Frank Santos (Marketing Director for Reyes Family Cigars) sent me a cigar for a personal review. Frank told me only that this was a prototype blend for a new cigar line that Reyes Family Cigars (“RFC”) was in the process of developing. After resting the cigar for a few weeks, I took it with me on a business trip to Los Angeles, where I smoked it with fellow CW Moderator Mike Almazan (SLR). My impressions of the cigar were quite favorable, as were Mike’s (based on a few draws he took from it).

In January 2008, Frank sent me a box for a formal CW blind review. I removed the bands and sent two examples to each of our six reviewers. When I began getting feedback from these reviewers, I knew something was wrong. The reviews were almost totally negative, which, was NOT something I expected based on my impressions of the prototype. (One emailed comment accompanying the formal review was especially revealing: “Whatever those were, the army should decommission them. I smoked them on the gazebo and the bat in the rafters died.”) I then smoked one of the remaining samples, and was shocked to find that it was nothing like the prototype I’d smoked a couple of months earlier. It was, in fact, awful. So I called Frank and asked if they’d changed the blend or something.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is online now   Reply With Quote