Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Boxdoctor
Herf Meister

Let's talk NBA for a change

Not too much NBA talk here too often. I don't ever remember a contender gutting their team before the trade deadline. So Otis Smith from Orlando accommodates Dwight Howard who complains that Rashard Lewis and Vince Carter don't play defense. Since when do Arenas , Richardson and Turkoglu ( redux ) play defense ? Smith says he got nervous seeing my Bulls with the 3rd best record in the East pass the Magic during that 4 game losing streak. The East is still the Celtics to win or lose and there's simply not enough supporting cast in Miami to get them to the finals. I pray for a Chicago- Miami second round matchup. The Bulls play 22 of the next 30 vs sub 500 teams and Noah should be back by then. Reporters are still talking about the possibilities of a Carmelo trade to Chicago making good sense but he still wants to go home to the Knicks.
I guess you just can't figure on physical frailties when you draft and it's really too bad that Yaos career may be over and even more of a shame that Oden can't stay healthy in Portland
and both have asked the league for the max 3.8 million dollar injured player exception. It may all be moot anyway with a new collective bargaining agreement lurking to perhaps cause a
lockout in 2011-12.
I apologize for the placement of this. I intended to start a new thread but my old eyes sent it ad a post to this existing thread. Sorry !

Last edited by Boxdoctor; 12-22-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Boxdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote