Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:48 PM   #1
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I can watch the Yankees again!

Last spring, I switched from Sprint TV/Internet and got FIOS internet only. I then signed up for YouTube TV, and am a member of a few other streaming services. Unfortunately, one of the channels that YouTube TV does not have is YES. So I was unable to get most of the Yankees games last year

I figured they'd work out their differences by the start of this season, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. I thought about signing up for the MLB streaming service, MLB.TV, but it wouldn't work for me. Yes, I could watch every out of region game. But any Yankees game would be delayed.

I didn't want to switch my "cable" provider and I wasn't sure what to do. Then, a couple days ago I saw that if your "cable" service has YES then you can stream YES on your computer, tablet, or TV using a streaming device. My parents have FIOS so I contacted them.

Today, using their password information, I was able to add YES to my streaming device. Of course, there are no games on tonight, but when the games start to air I'll be ready.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.

Last edited by Rob G; 03-20-2021 at 11:01 AM.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 10:55 AM   #2
hermit
Club Member

I wish WGN still showed Cub's games.

“Ours may become the first civilization destroyed, not by the power of our enemies, but by the ignorance of our teachers and the dangerous nonsense they are teaching our children. In an age of artificial intelligence, they are creating artificial stupidity.”

Thomas Sowell
hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:31 AM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit View Post
I wish WGN still showed Cub's games.
You and me, both.
I loved Harry, but Thom Brennamen and Steve Stone were a very underrated broadcast team.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:55 AM   #4
Smok'em1313

Why would you want to? 🤣

Only kidding!
Just messing with you.
From a frustrated Mets fan.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:03 AM   #5
vernonator
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
You and me, both.
I loved Harry, but Thom Brennamen and Steve Stone were a very underrated broadcast team.
We dropped satellite for streaming earlier this year and now with the Cubs on their own channel (Marquee) which is NOT on YoutubeTV I have not been able to watch any games. Marquee requires you have their service via cable/satellite service in order to stream. Even when on ESPN we here in Des Moines are blacked out due to the MLB's fucked up blackout rules..

Its a moot point - with the MLB going all woke and cancelling the All-Star game in Atlanta I am done with them anyway.
vernonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:23 AM   #6
ElkTwin
Ungulate in Chief
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
You and me, both.
Jack Brickhouse and Vince Loyd, FTW! Hey - Hey!
ElkTwin is offline   Reply With Quote