Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

Observations from 1st week games?

A great weekend so far! The opening of College football season, a THREE day weekend (for many)! There were of course a fair share of "Dog" games, one-sided affairs and such, but we've also had some very GOOD games as well. I did not get to see the LSU/TCU game, wish I had. Of course I watched the Bama/VT game......and hey I'll take a win any day, but I have to admit Bama did NOT look like the #1 team in the country, in fact maybe even the bottom half of the top 10. Hopefully Saban can get their OL in sync in time for their next game, and hopefully the players will stop reading their press clippings telling them how great they are! I thought the game of the day was the GA/Clemson game, both teams looked like top 5 teams to me. I have to admit I was hesitant to buy in to the Clemson story, but they look like the real deal this year.
One more thing (well maybe two)......I think Johnny Football is a hellava player and look forward to seeing him play, BUT I wish someone would just RING HIS BELL one good time to perhaps shut him up! I'm sure he's a good guy, but his success seems to have gone to his head IMO.....he just seems to be acting like a classless ASS! .....and lastly, OMG....do we HAVE to suffer thru yet another college football season having to listen (and survive the spit) to Lou Holtz!!!