Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
cigarfan
Herf God

The Herd (Colin Cowherd show) on LSU

Anyone listen to..or watch this show on ESPN? He's also on Sportnation.

This morning he was talking about how some voters...are going to refuse to vote LSU or Bama #1, no matter which wins. He thinks that is beyond stupid and I agree.

The BCS system is set up, to match #1 vs #2...and all agreed that the winner of that game would be undisputed champion. Flawed system? Then fix the system..add playoffs...

He said (paraphrasing) from what I remember. That if LSU wins, it's beyond stupid not to vote them #1. They aren't even that good at QB...in fact, they could play w/o a QB, and still dominate...they are that good. And the scary part is..they will be BETTER..next year. I agree...I don't think they are outstanding at QB, but they have so many good players...they are a good TEAM.
And I'm a Bama fan...and if LSU wins, there is no way..they should NOT be voted #1 !!

Now on the flipside, if Bama wins, I think they should be undisputed #1, under the rules of the BCS system. I'm not saying the system is right, but really..OSU won the Stanford game, because Stanford...put the game on a 19-20 year old freshman to win it. They never led the game.

And they got beat by Iowa state? Puleez!!

At least Bama's loss was to the most dominant team in the country, irregardless of conference. And that was in OT.

So...bottom line, who ever wins Monday...whoever...should be undisputed #1.

Next year, change the BCS...

My