Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2006, 04:41 AM   #1
Guv
Internationally Soccer Challenged
Herf God

CigarWeekly's 2006 NASCAR League...

SEASON #4 BEGINS SOON:

The drivers are on a first come first serve basis and REMEMBER - Only one player to a driver.

NASCAR 2006

Simply choose your driver by posting on this thread who you want as your choice of driver. I will try to update the chosen drivers as often as possible.
The guys who have participated in the league this past year were given first choice of drivers before I opened it up to the rest of CW.

Only one driver per person and one person per driver.

Using the 2006 NASCAR point system, if your driver has earned the most points during that 5 week period of races then you will win a 5-pack of cigars from each participant. (If there is a tie, the tie will be broken by the top finish of the tied drivers for that set of races. If still tied it will be broken by the top 2 finishes for that segment…etc)

The cigars must all be Premium Cigars {CAO, Fuente, Bucanero, Padron, Oliva O, Toranos, etc}
&
Must include at least 1 CUBAN Cigar that is NOT machine-made and at least Robusto in size
- OR-
1 of the following "Super Premium" Robusto or larger selections:

Anejos, Ashton Cabinet, Ashton VSG, Davidoff, Fuente's Untold Story, Between the Lines (BTL), Don Carlos & Work of Art (WOA/WOAM), Graycliff, Montecristo White, Oliva Master Blends, Opus X, Padron Anniversary (PAM/PAN), Partagas 150, Perdomo Edición de Silvio, Torano Tribute
(I have reduced the list of non-cuban super premiums, if you feel that there are other cigars that want to be added to this list then simply send me a PM and I will have all the players vote on it and if agreed upon by a majority of players then it will be added to this list.)

The season will be partitioned into 5 separate winners, plus the playoff run:
1.Weeks 1-5
2.Weeks 6-10
3.Weeks 11-15
4.Weeks 16-20
5.Weeks 21-25
Remember, the points are only for that given 5-week period and not the overall total of points throughout the year. In other words, once we complete the first section everyone’s driver starts at zero points.

Weeks 27-36 PLAYOFF FORMAT:
Everyone keeps their drivers if they make the playoffs, if not the remaining CW participants may select a driver that is in the playoffs and not on someone's team by luck of the draw. This will be a 5-pack of Cubans {Robusto or larger} -OR- Super Premium Cigars {Opus X, Anejo, Ashton VSG, PAM, PAN, etc} to go to the CWer whose selected driver wins the NASCAR Championship.

Note: Payout of cigars will only occur if one of the selected drivers WINS the NEXTEL CUP! If an unclaimed driver wins no one will collect cigars.

I will act as commissioner of this league and for such will charge a 2-cigar entry fee to all first time participants.
***** The Cigar Entry Fee Will Be WAIVED...If you are a returning participant -or- we have dealt with each other before -or- you have at least 5 trader comments. *****

The driver you select will be held upon your post, but the entry fee must be sent within 7 days of your posted selection. Simply post the USPS DC # within the first 7 days. Failure to do so will result in your selected driver going back in the pool of drivers and available to anyone including current players who may want to switch drivers).
All entry fee cigars must arrive to my home prior to the first week’s race which is scheduled for February 19, 2006.

PLEASE READ: If you fail to honor your commitment to this league by not sending cigars to the winner, negative comments will be posted for you in your trader comments section of Cigar Weekly.
Participants will have an option to no longer participate in the league after each section of races has been completed and your commitment has been honored.
New participates will be permitted to enter the league at the start of each new section of races. The only exception will be the playoffs. There will be no new members allowed to enter the league for the Chase for the Cup.

You must post a delivery confirmation number when you ship the cigars so that they may be tracked by the person receiving the cigars as well as a way to inform them that you have sent the cigars as directed.

Here are the current driver assignments:
# 5 Kyle Busch (Coach)
# 6 Mark Martin (idahogn)
# 8 Dale Earnhardt (Iluvcgars)
# 16 Greg Biffle (Martini)
#20 Tony Stewart (dartplayer1)
# 24 Jeff Gordon (Guv)
# 26 Jamie McMurray (2old2rock)
# 48 Jimmie Johnson (BOC)
# 99 Carl Edwards (mshade)

Here are some of the top drivers still not selected:
Kurt Busch