Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
max_buck

Indy June 21 & 22

It’s official. I just booked my itinerary and I’ll be in Indianapolis June 21 through 23rd (headed out late afternoon on the 23rd). I’ll be staying at the Marriott on Woodland Dr.

Sure would like to get together for a cigar and adult beverage if anyone one can break away on a school night (Wed or Thurs evening)! Also still looking for suggestions of cigar friendly locations in the area…

"I'd rather smoke one cigar than hear two sermons." -Robert Ingersoll
max_buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
justin51

Theres a great little B & M on 38th street. Its just a few blocks from where you'll be.
justin51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #3
max_buck

Thanks, Justin51. Is that Tobacco Farm Mfrs Outlet?

FYI- I see from your profile that you are a teacher. Several in my family are educators. I even have a teaching degree, though I've never been certified (as a teacher. "Certifiable" is another matter!) Also, it looks like they will be sending me back July 5,6, and 7... Hope we can get together for a cigar one of these trips.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
justin51

Actually, the place I'm thinking of is called The Tabacco Shop, or Randy's Tabacco Shop. Apparently the name changes depending on who is working the desk

Anyway, PM me when the day gets closer, I may be able to get down that way.
justin51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
mrkmitch
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin51
Actually, the place I'm thinking of is called The Tabacco Shop, or Randy's Tabacco Shop. Apparently the name changes depending on who is working the desk
The sign on the marqee says "The Tobacco Shop", the sign board when you go inside says it's Randy's Tobacco Shop. Known as both, but if you're driving by looking, look for "The Tobacco Shop", just west of Georgetown on 38th, on the North side of the road. One of the middle shops in that strip.

Hey Max,

What is your daily schedule going to be like, or more to the point, how early are you free to have a smoke with an adult libation? "School nights" can be tough, but I'm sure a few of us can gather for some smokes.
mrkmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:37 AM   #6
max_buck

Regular business hours are 8-4:30. As I'll be packing a lot into a short visit, I may be at the office a bit after 4:30, but I doubt a meeting time would have to be later than 6. I'll need my beauty sleep, so I couldn't be out too late myself...