Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2003, 08:48 AM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

Padron Serie 1926

I picked this one up on my way to Jacksonville, Fl. and finally got a chance to relax and light it up last night.
This was the robusto size, with a dark maduro wrapper. A square pressed cigar with a nice firm feel to it.
I lit the foot with no problems.......started out with a nice even burn. The initial assault on the senses was outstanding! This cigar has a good bit of Oomph! to it, while also maintaining a smooth rich flavor. The flavor would be familiar to anyone liking the PAM series as it was very similar......just more of it.
The construction was obviously excellent as there were no burn or draw problems the entire trip.
I hated to see the end of this one come.....and broke out my trusty BigOT toothpick nubber to get every bit of this one!
My only complaint would be the price. It was indeed a VERY good cigar, but it is also what I would consider too expensive. The Rousto size retailed @ $14 while the larger vitola (a dbl. Corona I believe) was $24......a little too rich for my wallet.

.......but, if you don't mind the price, I would highly recommend giving this cigar a try!