Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
Herf
Club Member

But there is a world wide wine glut. Some good wines get overpriced but there are some gems no one ever heard of going cheap.

I used to buy Napa Ridge back in the 80's and early 90's for 3/$10. Decent California Coastal wine for a great price before anyone knew what a California Coastal wine was. Then Wine Spectator discovered it, gave it a 89 rating and the price went up to $10 a bottle. I'll hit ever wine tasting I can and try all the wines I never heard of because maybe one of them will be very good and underpriced for the quality.

Japan and China will pay top prices without knowing what they are buying. I was at Silver Oak and the winemaker was telling me that tourists from Japan will go nuts when they can get a 2000 vintage wine which was a bad vintage in CA but very good in Bordeaux.

I was out in CA wine country earlier in the month and talked to a lot of the wine makers. A lot of the top producers had bumper crops in 2012 and will be selling off excess wine to brokers. I'd be looking at 90+ Cellars for 2012 Sonoma and Napa cabernets in a couple of years.
Herf is offline   Reply With Quote