Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
Cigar_Jack
Club Member

May 03 2005 Party Source Northern KY/SW Ohio/SE Indy Herf Ro

Cigar Night at the Beer Sellar

Cigar Night at the Beer Sellar was another fantastic success for Chris Carver the Tobacconist at The Party Source. Tonight's featured cigars were Carlos Torano Cigars and Armando Lapido was present along with one of their Master Cigar Rollers. The cigars of the night were a Reserva Selecta Maduro Robusto, a Signature Collection Toro, a 1916 Cameroon Churchill and a Casa Torano Fresh Rolled.

I started off with the Reserva Selecta Maduro, a nice medium bodied cigar, very easy to smoke with cream, cocoa, and coffee flavors. My first thought while smoking this cigar is why did I wait so long to try one of these? I smoked this cigar done well past the band.

After much debate I fired up the 1916 Cameroon. This was my least favorite of the Torano line, but I've really come to appreciate the subtle flavors of this cigar. It is a nice medium bodied cigar with a subtle spiciness that really develops when the cigar warms up. I find the large ring Gauge torpedo to be more enjoyable in this line.

I didn't get a chance to try the Casa Torano Fresh Rolled, since they were rolled either yesterday or tonight depending which one you picked up. I've heard they are better after about three weeks of rest so I'll give you a full report when I finally set fire to it. This is a special blend of the Casa Torano that is only available at events such as these. I'm going to compare a normal Casa Torano and a Fresh Rolled to see if I notice a difference.

According to Chris Carver this was the largest cigar event in the four years that he's been hosting them and is excited to see how things turn out during the busy summer months. At the end of May Rocky Patel will be showing up to promote his cigars. Next week will be featuring cigars from Drew Estates.

If you are in the Cincinnati Area and have a Tuesday night free this is a must attend event for any cigar smokers.
Cigar_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote