Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2003, 07:51 PM   #1
JGIORD
Club Member

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver Edition Robusto

I stopped into a relatively new cigar shop and as always, felt obligated to purchase something. So I grabbed this Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver Edition Robusto. Here are some notes:

This is a a rustic looking cigar with a slightly less than firm bunching, but not spongy. The wrapper is rustic and looks Sumatra, but possibly Equadorian. The cigar comes with an attractive, but huge silver Torano Exodus 1959 emblem and is labeled the Silver Edition. Draw is perfect with lots of thick smoke Initially there was a LGC similarity to this smoke, with just an extra dash of pepper. There is also a thick heavy woody finish to it. Overall the cigar burned well, but I did hit a dead spot after about 1/4". After this point the flavor progressed into an almost oak like taste. Heavy and thick and pretty enjoyable, with less pepper. The cigar did require a few relites, but the finish seemed to continually change taking on different notes. I would consider this a complex smoke of med-full body and med strength. Not quite as enjoyable as the LLNF, but it could make an excellent alternative. The aroma wasn't complex and wouldn't be a crowd pleaser, but overall I would recommend trying this cigar.