Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
GeorgeP922
Starting Member

Have you ever built Ozone machine from Mercury Vapor Lamp???

Eric_F turned me onto this idea a little while back, I went and bought the lamp and when I was finally ready to do it I opened the box.

Thats when I realized that unlike a standard desk lamp one would buy, this one connects directly to the power lines and not a AC jack on the wall.

I tried writing Eric_F back but he never responded, I am sure its because I sent the message after school was out or he just dropped off the board.

anyways, anyone with experience installing track lighting or outdoor security lamps, such as the one I am using should be able to help me.

What I am trying to do is to get Juice from an AC power cord to the lamp.

thanks to any help or suggestions!

PS. I bought the 350 watt lamp that walmart sells. Eric had complained that although it worked it made way too much ozone to be in the same room with. I already have a 600$ ozone machine which is designed to make only 'safe' levels of ozone.
The reason I write this is just recently I was at home depot(I rarely go there) and I saw that they had various mercury vapor lamps, some were significantly smaller than the walmart one.

PSS. If you didnt know Ozone is created when UV light hits the air, dont ask me how it just does
When you crack the outer bulb of a mercury vapor lamp, you release it of its compressed Nitrogen barrier that stops the UV light from exiting.
My 600$ unit works through the concept of UV light. And as long as you get the smoke out the window IT WORKS PERFECTLY!
GeorgeP922 is offline   Reply With Quote