Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2004, 02:46 PM   #1
stlbluesaddict
Club Member

Looking to take up some pipe smoking

Hello all,

Name is Matt and I have been smoking cigars for a little more than a year now. I am interested in trying pipes and have spent some time in a local tobacconist just looking over their selection of pipes and tobaccos. I am looking for some feedback for where to start. The whole ten yeards here. I have seen some of the recent articles, and will read up on how to properly smoke the pipe, but my request is in regards to a first pipe and some tobacco.

I tend to favor full-bodied cigars, but I don't know what compares in pipe tobacco. Then again, a full-bodied pipe tobacco may not be my best way to start. So as you can see, I am in desperate need of advice.

As far as the pipe, I spent some time on Ebay and found that visually I like the pipes that have a slight curve to them versus the straight ones. What I am more concerned about is buying a quality pipe that will last a while. Also, what tools/devices must I have?

Thanks in advance for any advice, and I am sure that there have been threads like this before...but like anything, things change, and so do situations. So I felt I would get the best information if I asked based on my experience, or lack of actually.
stlbluesaddict is offline   Reply With Quote