Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2003, 06:53 AM   #3
mannish
Herf God

Of course they know. They just ain't commenting. The last JH I bought was Wicked Grin (I am sure Spiridon has it also). That is an excellent disc.
The man is awesome and the intensity he is able to get across on a recording is mind boggling to me. I am recording playing/singing with every once of my being thinking I am all in it. I listen back the intensity doesn't come through.
it just amazes me when I hear studio recordings where the intensity comes out. John Hammond is a great example of that.

My favorite Hammond story is: He played on the same bill as Johnny Shines, JS was admiring JHs National Steel. Shines sais something about he used to have one way back...etc. So John Hammond returns home takes one of his Nationals , gets it all set up, cleaned up ships it to Johnny Shines. That is a class guy. I heard that story & asked Hammond about it he said it was true. He couldn't imagine JS not havinga National so he gave one of his. very cool
mannish is offline   Reply With Quote