Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Old 03-22-2021, 07:24 AM   #1
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Low/no sugar dieters

I recommend the G Hughes line of sauces. I found their bbq and teriyaki sauces by accident. They arent bad at all, but I prefer them a tad sweeter. A little artificial brown sugar fixes that. Come to find out ordering the teriyaki on Amazon, they have an entire line of sauces, salad dressings and other condiments. Surprised me.

They're worth looking for at your grosto. Check them out on Amazon to see how many products they offer. I just found their garlic-herb marinade at Publix. Haven't tried it yet.

Side note. Skinny Girrrrl's raspberry vinagrette salad dressing is great. No sugar, no calories. I hate an underdressed salad. I can use this with abandon.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:29 PM   #2
N8DCJ
Club Member

On Jason's recommendation, I tried their original bbq sauce , in the right applications , it is really good , had it Friday and again on Saturday...

Here is what the bottles look like...

https://is.gd/mxGT0a

Dan
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Last edited by N8DCJ; 03-22-2021 at 02:32 PM.
N8DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:38 PM   #3
jeepdad
Club Member

Will look into that. Thanks Jason.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:50 PM   #4
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

A little Swerve brown sugar and a healthy glug of sri racha and you're good. Just learned that SBR makes a sugar free bbq. As sweet as the regular is, I'm skeptical but interested. Haven't seen it locally yet.

Unborn lives matter too.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:21 PM   #5
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Just tried the sweet and spicy. It doesn't really need adjustment. Sweet enough, spicy enough.

Unborn lives matter too.

Old 03-24-2021, 08:22 AM   #6
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

I discovered QUEST chips online. Protein chips! Taste like doritos, not quite the same texture, but good!
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:40 AM   #7
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Sonoma pepper jack crisps. Makes a good sub for crackers. Excellent with tuna salad or pimento cheese (if you're in the South, pimento cheese is part of the culture and there are as many recipes as cooks). Only found them at Costco.

Whisps are a similar product only smaller. They make them in a number of flavors, but the pepper jack asiago variety is my favorite. I primarily add them after dressing a salad, to keep them crisp.

I'm really partial to Golden Flakes Louisiana hot sauce hot fried pork skins. It's a deep south brand housed in Birmingham. They go well with onion or ranch dips as well as on their own.

Swerve is the best sugar substitutes. Splenda can often get mixed with real sugars for baking so you have to be careful. Swerve has all of the varieties, all sugar free.

Threadjacking my own thread. Let's use it to list favorite sugar free products now. Good to network on these.

Unborn lives matter too.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:44 AM   #8
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

don't consider it a thread-jacking when the title is 'low/no sugar dieters'... I automatically assumed it was a 'keto/atkins" diet friendly info post!
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:28 AM   #9
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

My thinking on it expanded from a BBQ sauce to more products helpful to the diet now than I'm back on it.

BTW, Slim Fast Fat Bombs candies are the shit. I've tried the chocolate mint cups and the iced lemonbox pie flavors. Not only do they taste fantastic, the protein they snuck in there makes you less hungry. The chocomints taste just like an Andez mint.

Also, chewing copious amounts of sugarless gum is an appetite suppressant too.

Unborn lives matter too.

Last edited by BigO; 03-24-2021 at 10:31 AM.