Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #12
grinnin
Club Member

Next comparison, possibly not quite fair in the overall running. Unfortunately both of these roasts went a little past what I was aiming for: these are more vienna to french so have quite a bit of the darker bitterness and slightly burnt aspect. I roasted Sweet maria's Liquid amber and donkey decaf espresso blends. 24 hr rest, both pulled sequentially at exactly the same point in boiler cycle with the machine exactly the same way. Sampling both cups A/B next to one another.

Interestingly the decaf doesn't seem like decaf at all in terms of the flavor, body etc. The differences between these two: much more chocolate in the decaf donkey, and a bit wilder sharper edge in the Liquid amber. They are both excellent, and both very full in body, but a bit darker character than I really crave

I can't quite describe the flavor aspect as well as I'd like, but the character is a bit analogous to cigars. Kind of like the donkey is a nice aged maduro where flavors have blent well, and the liquid amber has less age, spicier wrapper and rougher character.

It'll be a while for me to finish these batches, but I'll give them another run at FC type roast.

Forgotten, but not Gone!
grinnin is offline   Reply With Quote