Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #1
veritus

XiKAR Executive

Any thoughts on this lighter? I'm looking at buying one to go with my Xi2. Their website says, "A simple push on the side of the lighter simultaneously opens the lid and ignites a powerful windproof flame perfect for cigars..." Does this means it's a single flame torch? TIA for the help.
veritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
univibe88
Herf Meister

Yup, it's a single flame. The lighter does a good job of lighting a cigar and has a very easy to use adjustment wheel. My only complaint is that that fuel tank is small and it doesn't have a fuel gauge.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
Harleyrider
Club Member

It's virtually identical to one of the Tiger models. There is at least urban legend, and maybe correct information, that they are the same and that Tiger actually makes the Xikar lighters. The differences appear to be that the Tigers seem to cost somewhere around $5 v. $30-ish for the Xikar, while the Xikar has a lifetime warranty from a company with great customer service. Oh, and the Xikar comes with a free case. I have both, and can't see any difference except some detail around the flame adjuster knob.

Univibe's comments are right on target.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
danm.528i

I just picked one up last week from Cigarmony.com for $19.99. I'm very happy with the lighter. I got mine with the gunmetal finish. Mark's prices & customer service are excellent.

danm.528i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
casual
Club Member

The Tiger lighter I have works good. Single flame torch. Doesnt hold much fuel. Easy to adjust.

Main issue is that it continues to hiss fuel for a second or two after I let off the side button.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:09 AM   #6
Harleyrider
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm.528i
I just picked one up last week from Cigarmony.com for $19.99. I'm very happy with the lighter. I got mine with the gunmetal finish. Mark's prices & customer service are excellent.
Yup, that's where I got mine, and I couldn't agree more.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:17 AM   #7
veritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm.528i

Ok, so it's between the XiKAR executive or a Z-Plus insert for the free zippo I got at the bar on Friday. Which do you guys think I should go with?
Thanks!
veritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:53 AM   #8
Harleyrider
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritus
Ok, so it's between the XiKAR executive or a Z-Plus insert for the free zippo I got at the bar on Friday. Which do you guys think I should go with? Thanks!
Well, even at $20, the Xikar is probably about twice as expensive as the Z-Plus. However, that translates into only about $10-15 (with shipping), which is pretty neglible. If I were you, I would buy the Z-Plus and use the difference to buy a Tiger, which will give you basically both the Zippo and the Xikar substitute (since you like the Xikar design). If the purchase were for me, I would buy a Z-plus and use the difference to buy a Ronson Jetlite (which I like more than the Xikar/Tiger). JMO, but you asked
Old 08-16-2006, 02:39 AM   #9
amberlee
Starting Member

The one great thing about the Xikar is that it has a LIFETIME warranty, so you theoretically never have to buy another lighter, right?
amberlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:58 AM   #10
Harleyrider
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlee
The one great thing about the Xikar is that it has a LIFETIME warranty, so you theoretically never have to buy another lighter, right?
Yup. That's why I bought one.