Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
DCarp
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Found in a Northern Ohio antique store

For those of you who are into cigar schwag of old, I was in the Milan Inn-tiques antique store in Milan, Oh (birthplace of Thomas A. Edison, but I digress) and saw a gold R.W. Dunn Cigar display Humidor that should have a glass top (but doesn't). Some of our more industrious members might be able to turn it into a pretty neat desktop humi with a new piece of glass and some cedar. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of it--i didn't have my camera with me. And, I didn't buy it because my wife won out on a lincoln rocker for the soon to be here baby's room.

There was also an old metal sign for Pastimes Cigars Probably 4 feet long by 1 foot tall.
DCarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Very nice.
I've been to Milan, picturesque little town.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
DCarp
Contributing Editor
Club Member

it really is--and most of the folks there are good people too. My wife's family is from that area (Milan, Norwalk, Sandusky).
Old 03-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Unless the price was outta line, ya shoulda bought it.
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:30 AM   #5
DCarp
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrundog View Post
Unless the price was outta line, ya shoulda bought it.
It wasn't too bad--he originally wanted $50 for it, but I'm sure he could have been talked down. Unfortunately for me, I didn't have the cash, or I would have purchased it. We got a lincoln rocker and an "old-timey" phone that I'm going to rig up to work at my house.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 AM   #6
dz130
Herf Meister

No shit!! I go by the Milan exit on the turnpike every time I'm going to/coming from work. I'm even thinking of moving there since it's halfway between work and all my friends/family in the Cleveland area.

I'll have to go and check it out.

Finally out of the sandbox.

If I say Corona, I ain't talking beer.

RIP Ed Toner
dz130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #7
DCarp
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz130 View Post
No shit!! I go by the Milan exit on the turnpike every time I'm going to/coming from work. I'm even thinking of moving there since it's halfway between work and all my friends/family in the Cleveland area.

I'll have to go and check it out.
my wife's family lives up there, so I haven't spent much time other than a few weekends/vacations up there, but it's a great little village. Close enough to Sandusky (home to Cedar Point and Roeder Harley) that you'll have access to anything you could want. If it weren't so darn cold up there in the winter, I'd seriously consider moving to the area...
Old 03-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #8
dz130
Herf Meister

You shoulda seen it back in the late 60's/early 70's when my parents had a mobile home up there on Catawba Island. Even though we were vacationers, the locals still knew us by our first names. Island Airlines was still flying a Ford Trimotor to the islands. It was great.

I'm heading up to work today, but have appointments tomorrow, so I won't be able to stop. Maybe Saturday on my way home I can stop to look.

Finally out of the sandbox.

If I say Corona, I ain't talking beer.

RIP Ed Toner
dz130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
DCarp
Contributing Editor
Club Member

also--he had a bunch of pipes and pipe schwag. Several pipe stands and one really nice side table with an ashtray and storage.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #10
flyfishtn
Club Member

You know