Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2005, 05:04 PM   #1
Slimebody

Flor de Oliva 10 year Anniversary Torp -" Stairway to H

Say what? "Stairway to Heaven". Well, yea, read on.

The wrapper on this cigar was an oily tan, and it clipped cleanly. Prelight draw was good, but kind of nondescript. Thankfully, there was plenty of description after I lit it.

Upon lighting, I thought to myself, "I know this flavor profile".
(There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold) Sweet notes of baking spices - cinnamon, nutmeg. Very reminiscent of the old Dominican Purofino Mini Beli's that are no longer available. Wonderful aroma. Yes, I miss those little bugger, but this was a very close replication. About a third of the way in, though, the profile showed it's complexity and changed to a leather note with some anise notes present.
( my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
And the voices of those who stand looking ) As this smoke hit the halfway point, the leather notes became more prominent and the smoke went from a mild-medium in strength to a dead on medium. Very distinguished and robust taste became present, and this baby kicked into full gear (And as we wind on down the road, Our shadows taller than our souls) Wow, I'm not sure I've ever had a smoke switch gears on me like this. From mild and subtle, to kick butt and in your face. Very nice.

As this smoke wound down, I had no choice but to bring it to a slow halt as I nubbed it (When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll)

Like the first time I heard "Stairway to Heaven", it started out slow, kicked it big time, and made me want more when it was over.

Thanks once again to Sid for his generosity in allowing me to sample this fine smoke. Not sure what origin this is, or what the blend is, but it is a winner.
Slimebody is offline   Reply With Quote