Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2003, 07:51 AM   #1
Las Villas
Herf Meister

Mengo Farm Cigars (March-03)

For those who have not had the pleasure on enjoying one of these gems, I will post yet another review of our Uncle's farm cigars rolled in Cabaiguan, Cuba.

Upon opening the covered cigars, I was impressed to notice that this batch was much nicer looking and fuller than the batch we have received in the past.

The cigars were semi torps with a pigtail, Colorado Maduro Wrapper. We knew we had winners on our hands since some of the cigars had slight glance of plume on them....

Although the cigar is not pretty to look at the overall smoking experience of it was awesome!.

The cigar was 7x40.

After cliping and testing the draw all I can do was because it was right on. Not tight or loose, just the perfect amount of air flow. Upon lighting, the raw Cuban Leaf flavor was simply wonderful. Beautiful burn all the way down with the grayish ash so typical in Cuban cigars, although a bit more whitish than grayish.

The taste on these profiles were hints of pepper, cedary, and spicy. An overall raw flavor to these cigars, yet its not a raw flavor that turns smokers off, its a raw flavor that takes you to the actual field where the tabaco seeds was planted and takes you on a trip of it overall development into the cigar it had become...

For those attending the Herf For Fools, I believe CaballoPinto will be donating a 5 pack of these smokes to the raffle....

They were worth waiting for!!