Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2002, 04:02 PM   #1
eduardo
Club Member

I was gifted one of these by my local cigar shop and I thought I would give it a review. This was the Original Corojo in a robusto size.

Construction: I will say, for a triangular shaped cigar it was very well made, nice and firm. It had a beautiful dark oily wrapper with fine veins. The cap was amazingly well applied for its shape. It cut cleanly and had a firm pre-smoke draw.

The smoke: The firm draw continued for the entire smoke. It burned cleanly and straight as a laser to the nub. It produced lots of smoke and lasted for almost an hour. As far as the flavor profile, I would compare it to the Camacho corojo only smoother, not so much in your face. Ash was a medium gray color.

Overall: This was an interesting cigar to say the least. A little uncomfortable to hold because of the shape, but not so bad in your mouth. Would I buy more of these, probably. It had a good solid flavor. Would I buy a box, probably not. I would be interested in hearing what others think of these.