Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2002, 12:56 AM   #1
tschreier

Montecristo No.2 [REC Oct01]

No real age on the box, but I couldnt wait. It was like christmas in july. Had to fire one up.

The first thing I noticed was how nice the caps on these babys can be. When your used to smoking connies, you forget what Premium smoke means.

The wrapper was a nice dark brown with no real veins. Solid construction, no lumps or loose spots.

Clipped the cap and took a few pulls, nice even draw. Toasted the foot til glowing, removed the flame and took a few starter puffs.

Nice amounts of smoke, didnt look like the house was on fire, but a lot more than the wife's american spirits.

The first quarter was a little rough, not really showing a flavor, but by 1/3-1/2 the flavor came on and started picking up steam.

Ash held at 1" with no problem, black/grey vs the DR's white.

Flavor increased with each puff. Slight headrush near the end which resulted in burned fingers via the nub that was left.

Over all 45mins of one execelent smoke. I hear age makes all the diffrence, so it will be amazing to come back to these gals in a few months.
tschreier is offline   Reply With Quote