Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
EZthefix
Starting Member

La Flor Dominicana El Jocko No.2

La Flor Dominicana El Jocko No.2
Posted by E.Z. under Cigar Reviews (Photos)

I had been wanting to review La Flor Dominicana El Jocko Number 2 for a while now, but had been hindered by the fact that the only way I can get them is by online order. I rarely buy cigars online and hate to wait so long to receive things in the mail. Well, I’ve had a couple of them now and must say that it is a really interesting cigar.

Sure it’s a milder smoke, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be interesting. In fact La Flor Dominicana has managed to pull off a beautiful progression of spice in this stick. I’m a sucker for this kind of thing, and so I was pretty impressed and had a lot of fun smoking these.

On the nose, the wrapper doesn’t say much at all, and it doesn’t really taste like much either before lighting. Once lit, though, some semisweet notes ooze from the stick and tickle the nose. The smoke is plentiful and, though incredibly mild, it retains a certain spiciness that keeps me smoking on. “I’ve had a lot of light, carboardy, mild smokes before, but this cigar isn’t one”, I thought to myself right away.

The burn is very good, and that means a lot to me. As for the ash, it piled on solidly as you can see below. As it burns on, the cigar continuously progresses to ever more spicy notes until it becomes down right peppery in the last third and very piquant before the end.

Overall, though this cigar does not exactly represent my flavor “profile”, it certainly was a lot of fun to smoke. It was easy, light, and spicy. The progression of flavor and intensity of the pepper notes is just classic. Now I just have to try the maduro version and see how it compares to this. If you enjoy lighter bodied smokes, this cigar is for you.
EZthefix is offline   Reply With Quote