Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
alchemize
Club Member

El Rey de Mundo Choix Supreme

El Rey de Mundo Choix Supreme
Reviewed: March 10, 2006
Length: 5 inches
Ring: 48
Vitola: Robusto
Box Coda: 2004 - unknown source.

Rested for about 3 weeks at 65%

Newbie review!
I picked up a fiver of these from Bassman and had been looking forward to trying a "younger" version of this before I try some '01's I have.

This was my first ERDM. I'd been looking forward to trying this cigar for it's unique "creamy" taste. I can say I wasn't dissapointed. The unique flavor was noticeable from first light all the way to the nub. The ash was strong and firm, dark with flecks of grey. Very straight burning throughout and good volume of smoke.

The flavor, while slightly complex, didn't vary much until the end where it seemed to pick up a little strength. Nicotine content was medium, got a mild buzz near the end. Minimal aftertaste/aftersmell here 3 hours later.

Overall an excellent medium bodied cuban. Well constructed and thoroughly enjoyed. Glad I've tried the unique ERDM and I'm looking forward to more