Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2006, 07:38 AM   #1
Hellraiser

Fuente OpusX Perfecxion #4

My first review:

Short review - it was excellant.

Longer Reveiw

After a nice filling steak dinner and putting the wife and kids to bed, I decided to have a good smoke. So I open up one of the humidors to select the victim for the evening. I picked up the Opus X Perfecxion #4 (5.2x43) and marveled at the band artwork, the ceder covered barrel and red ribbon at the foot, great presentation. This cigar has been sitting in the humidor for at least 3 years, now it's time had come.

I poured a couple fingers of 18 year old Glenlivit and got comfortable next to the fireplace (no fire, just use it to exhaust the cigar smoke). Made a perfect cut with Xikar X2 cutter, tested the draw and it was perfect as well. Toasted the foot and took the first puff to bring it to life. It immediately started to release big clouds of smoke.

The first third of this cigar was all pepper and spice, after a inch I could already feel the nicotine taking hold, thankfully the years of rest did not
weaken it as I like strong cigars.

The second third was where the flavors really developed, I noted hints of leather, coffee, and dark chocolate, also the smoke had a very chewy, doughy quality about it, I was in cigar heaven.

The final third brought back some of the pepper and spice but was overshadowed by the incredibly rich tobacco flavor. The mouth was tingling but I nubbed it anyway.

Only regret is that this is my last Opus X, now I have to try to get some more (at decent prices) and put some age on them.

Final thoughts - great freaking cigar! Complex, strong, rich, flavorful. Best cigar I've had so far this year. I'd pay anywhere near MSRP for these and never complain about the price.
Hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote