Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 10-14-2019, 06:39 AM   #1
Jester
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Home roaster coffee inventories

Time to dust yourselves off again and say what you are roasting nowadays and if you ordered more and why...

My last order from Burman:

Yemen Burrai Mocca
Ethiopian Guji Nat
Tanzanian Edelweiss RFA and Estate Honey RFA

All good beans but not reorder stuff for me anyway and the Yemen is a tad bit wild even for me.

How about you?

Best,
J.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
mike s
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Just Ordered 10# of the liquid Amber from SM’s as well as 1# of the Mexican Chiapas beans to try. While I enjoy single origin beans the liquid Amber blend just does something for me. I take it to the first snaps of second crack and hit the cool button with the door open. It’s always a consistently good double shot...always. There’s enough body in the shot that you can still taste coffee with 3 oz of milk for milk based drinks.
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #3
Jester
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Hmmm,

Haven't ordered from SM in a while and I don't think I've ever purchased a blend but I have had some interesting Monkey Mix from time to time.

Mebbe I throw the Amber in next time around to give it a try. Spousal unit does iced coffees with dairy so maybe that will keep her out of my single bean inventory. Gives me an excuse anyway.

Best,
J.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #4
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

I don't get it, but K likes pumpkin spice coffee this time of year. She has her own coffee pot. Keeps the Mayorga for me.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:56 AM   #5
Jester
Contributing Editor
Club Member

I'm not that fortunate. In fact the spousal unit didn't even like coffee until I started roasting. Now she is more particular than I am and daily morning cups and iced when it is hot out is part of her day. She didn't even care for the Misty Valley blueberry crop of legend many moons ago.

Although the occasionally found Mocha/cocoa tasting iced coffees are acceptable.

Best,
J.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:56 AM   #6
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

I'm totally stuck on Ethiopian naturals, have been for years. What I have now is several varieties that aren't available any more because they sold out quickly: Gedeo Worka from Klatch, Hambela Hassane from SM's, and a couple of others. The current iteration of Misty Valley from CBC is OK, but that epic 2007 crop has never been repeated.

SM's recently had a dry-processed Rwandan that is very nice, but it seems they've sold out.

Watch Klatch. When the Gegeo Worka comes back in stock, get you some. It's consistently excellent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote