Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2005, 07:28 AM   #1
DeadmanLiving
Club Member

Ardor pipes

I went to my local B&M looking for a cheap “training” pipe, something that if I messed it up I wouldn’t feel so bad when I chucked it. So after viewing the disappointing 8 or so pipes they had I selected a straight bulldog with a vulcanite stem. I paid $65 for it, not exactly the cheapie I was looking for but it was what I thought was the best there.

Stamped on the bottom is the words Ardor, Italy, something else that runs into the last R on the Ardor and the number 27 in a circle. It is a sandblasted finish and the bowl was carbonized. The stem had a blue dot in the middle of a silver dot. It also has a silver ring on the shank.

Now everything I can find on these pipes is that they are handmade, they do have a model/shape 27 and that the blue and silver dot is an Ardor trademark. The confusing thing here for me is that I haven’t found a Ardor pipe for less than $180 any where, no pictures of the one I bought (didn’t expect this but something close would be nice) no pipes with the vulcanite stem (The Ardor site says they use acrylic stems hand made from a block for each pipe) and none with a carbonized bowl.

This leaves many questions unanswered. If anyone could help me fill in the blind spots I would appreciate it. I do know that the B&M has at least one more Ardor and even though I am new to this I did very much enjoy the first bowl (my best pipe experience so far) in the one I bought. TIA

Check out my new Blog
DeadmanLiving is offline   Reply With Quote