Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2005, 08:56 AM   #1
Seizure

Consuerga #9 '01

In my never ending quest to find the perfect budget cigar for handing out to friends during poker nights, the Connie #9 has been a mainstay in my coolerdor. However the ones I have smoked were fresh (under 1 year) and they showed a lot of promise. However being they are young they are a bit strong and too harsh for inexperienced smoker.

THen recently I bought a bundle off of aliphus from 4/01 and when they came man are they all yellowed and aged nicely. Check it out below

http://www.cigarphotos.com/albums/us...9/connie9a.jpg
http://www.cigarphotos.com/albums/us...49/connie9.jpg

Ok. So I think we all know what a connie looks like so on to the taste.

On first light up this connie tasted a lot different from the fresh ones I smoke. There was no bitter harshness on lightup, just deep earthy flavors with some sweetness to it. The Draw was on the more lighter side, not as tight. About 1 1/2 inches into it, I was waiting for it to build up in strength and bit of harshness however it never happened. This cigar remained mild and smooth throughout. I was completely amazed. It was like I was smoking a different cigar. The taste was also different. Less earth, more nuts and sweetness, the classic villazon profile/taste remained light throughout. Never strong or bitter. I smoked this past the band and finally stopped as it got too hot near the end.

Overall, Amazing. What a different aging does to the Consuerga's. I felt like I was smoking something in the $3-5 range. I would like to thank Ailphus for hooking me up with a nicely aged bundle like that. This is a testament to what a bargain the Connies can be with some age on it, and a testament to how aging can greatly turn a normal cigar into a memorable one.

Seizure is offline   Reply With Quote