Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2004, 12:36 PM   #1
XF15-Loader

Consuegra #733

Well, I was getting low on premium cigars so I figured Id pull out one of these Consuegra #733 that have been sitting in my humi at a perfect 70 degrees and 67% humidity.

Surely, I reasoned, they must be equivalent to the ERdM that theyre supposed to be seconds of by now. After all, theyve been in there for almost 3 yrs.

I removed the smoke from the now yellow cellophane and noticed small crystals forming on the wrapper...oh yea, plume..."this is gonna be nice" I thought to myself.

I clipped the head and took a pull, nice construction. The draw was almost perfect.

Slowly I toasted the foot, watching as the flame brought it to a glow.

I raised the cigar to my lips and took a nice long draw, held the smoke in my mouth for a second and then...then it hit me. This cigar had the worst flavor Ive ever experienced.

No, I take that back. A few years ago, I had gone to dinner and ate some calamari. During the night I drank several glasses of wine, a couple Macallans doubles and a few shots of tokillya. Later that night I was praying to the porceline(sp?) goddess. This cigar reminded me of that night. Yes, it tasted like vomit.

I immediately removed them from my humi and donated them to the local land fill.

I think they tried to send me a fine via certified mail but I refused to sign for it...LOL.

My apologies to anyone that is a connie fan. All I can tell ya is to smoke em young because once they age, theyr not worth the cellophane theyre wrapped in.
XF15-Loader is offline   Reply With Quote