Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
hockeymaniac
Herf Meister

Avo Signature

A couple of months ago I won a box of Avo Signaures from Smoke magazine. They arrived today. I don't know how long they were sitting outside by the door so I let the box acclimate to room temperature and then put them in the humidor. Tonight I smoked the first one.

Size: robusto 5x52

Wrapper: Ecudorian sun grown

Appearance: nice medium brown almost chocolate in appearance. Wrapper was a little veiny but nice and smooth

Prelight taste was leathery and pre light draw seemed effortless.

I lit it up and let the cigar start burning. On the first few draws I think my eyes popped out like Roger Rabbit. Very spicy first few draws. I felt something itching on the top of my head and discovered hair was starting to grow back where there is no hair. There was a very distinct leather taste. After about the first 1/4 it mellowed out nicely. The distinct taste of leather held throughout the entire cigar and spice remained. It burned evenly throughout and the ash held tight right to the band. Before it fell off, I was debating to see if it would hold through the band but it fell just before that. The draw was effortless throughout the entire smoke.

I read these are the more robust Avo's and they were right. This cigar should definitely be smoked after a meal. I caught a nice buzz from this one. This was a very enjoyable smoke and I'm going to let the remainder rest for a bit and see what happens. I've never had an Avo cigar and based on my experience smoking this one I would like to try the others.

Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be here

"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist."
hockeymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote