Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 03-10-2002, 02:43 PM   #1
clone-k
Starting Member

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you all now the great experience I had recently with cigar + tequila. This is without a doubt the best tequila out there, and when matched with a nice maduro cigar, I have found it is a great combination. Both bring out the subtle flavors of the other. I can't say the same for other Cuervo products except for maybe 1800 anejo. La Reserva de Familia is a bit pricey, but if you hit a Sam's Club they have it and the hand painted box by one of many mexican artisits for a incredibly reasonable 69.99. At most good liquor shops you can look to pay at least twice that for the set. This is not a shot tequila, well you could, but why waste the masterpiece. It is smooth, refined, and perfect. Do yourself a favor and try it.

Your pal,
Clone K
Surgeon General Clone K's Warning: Cigar smoking is probably bad for you, even if you don't inhale. Please send all of yours and any you encounter immediately to me, so I can dispose of them in an orderly fashion. Vote Clone K for Mooch of the Month!!
clone-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 04:53 PM   #2
Dr. X

Is it just the boxes that are differnt, or is it the label(s) too. I kind of remember Cuervo doing something with differnt lables. Thanks.

Dr. X
Dr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 05:16 PM   #3
clone-k
Starting Member

Each label I've seen has been the same, unless you get the bottle that does not come with the special box. The bottle that comes without the box is available in some places and at a much lower retail price about 60 bucks as apposed to 130 bucks average. It does have a differnet label than the box set, and none I've seen has the red wax coating over the bottle cork. They supposedly only did the non box set version for a short time, but I can't confirm that.

As for the boxes, each is unique in so much as they are handpainted, but I have seen several blue boxes that have similar patterns. I can't make out the signiture on my box, and I'm having a problem locating anyone who has a database of artists who made boxes. Maybe some things should just be treasured and not worried about. Still bugs me though.

Your Pal,
Clone K
Surgeon General Clone K's Warning: Cigar smoking is probably bad for you, even if you don't inhale. Please send all of yours and any you encounter immediately to me, so I can dispose of them in an orderly fashion. Vote Clone K for Mooch of the Month!!
clone-k is offline   Reply With Quote