Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2002, 12:51 PM   #1
Cabaiguan
Club Member

Great show at BB King's on Wednesday night. My wife and I arrived a bit late and were only able to get a table right underneath the stage. Although it was loud, it was GREAT!

Jesus Alemany and the gang belted out some of their best songs and the crowd was dancing in no time at all. A new vocalist recently joined the band...Jesus Contrera. Great voice and a passion for the music.

BB King's lounge area is just that, a large dance floor surrounded by tables...cabaret style. The food was a bit on the expensive side, but tasty. After 3 beers (Sam Adams) and a turkey club, I was ready to tackle the provocative sounds coming forth from the stage. What's great about seeing a Cuban band in NY is that my dancing is actually GOOD compared to all the WASP's that attend the show . HOWEVER, there was this one blond (non-Hispanic) who was absolutely tearing up the floor...SMOKIN'! She definitely upheld the honor of all WASP's in the room.

As I've mentioned before, get a CD when you come upon it. It is Cuban Jazz/Salsa at its very BEST. HIGHLY Recommended...
Cabaiguan is offline   Reply With Quote