Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2003, 04:47 PM   #26
prflani
Herf Meister

The cloth just equilibrates at the same RH as the rest of the container. When I add water, I put it direct into the media. The media just sucks up the water and doesn't even feel damp, much less wet. All but one of my bags are sewn closed, like bean bags, and I inject water into them with a syringe. If you use a drawstring bag or close the top with string or a wire tie (I use a wire tie on one of mine because I haven't gotten around to sewing it shut), you can just open the bag to add water. Just add the water slowly into the center of the media and the cloth won't even get damp. I like the bags because they allow humidity to pass readily through them and I can't spill the beads all over the place. The open containers you're describing should work fine too, but occasionally one of my Tupperadors will get upset and the bags prevent me from having to empty out the Tupperador to put the beads back in their place. I usually add about 10 mls of water to 100 grams of media (about 1/4 lb). I have low ambient humidity so this works well for me. If you have high ambient humidity and your media is acting as a de-humidifier, then I could see how a cloth bag might eventually get damp if you let it absorb too much moisture before drying it. Its just not a problem for me and probably not for most folks who have air-conditioning in their homes.
prflani is offline   Reply With Quote