Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
Poohdvm
Club Member

The Masters of Metal Tour.

I am still behind in the sleep department but I think I have recovered enough from my Friday/Saturday ordeal to give a report on the final show.

Set to perform were Testament, Motorhead, Heaven and Hell, and Judas Priest.

I missed Testament because I was tailgating in the parking lot to get in the proper frame of mind for the show.

This was the 1st time to see Motorhead and they did what they do best. Play fast and hard. The volume could have been turned up a little but it was a good performance.

Now I know who Heaven and Hell are! Heaven and Hell is the name of the first album from Black Sabbath that Ronnie James Dio fronted. Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice. They are touring under the H&H name to avoid confusion with the origional line up of Black Sabbath.
THEY BLEW ME AWAY. RJD was singing his ass off and Iommi was blistering the guitar. I love it when you get a suprise like this. I did not know who H&H were so I wasn't expecting to be blow'n away like I was.

Now for Judas Priest. They can still make some noise and put on a show. They played all the hits you want to hear (Hell bent for leather, Breaking the law, Painkiller, etc...) . They even played a couple songs off their latest release "Nostradomus" a concept release based on his life. Robs voice is just as powerful as ever. Judas Priest was LOUD. This is the first outdoor show where I was in the lawn section and my ears were ringing still some on saturday.

They way the amphlitheater is made funnels all the sound straight to the lawn section. The sound was clean also, no echos bouncing around.
all the seats in front of the the stage are covered. There are also concret walls on each side. With the back open, all the sound shoots straight out to the lawn section.

I walked out of that show pumped up and buzzing(Opus X Perfexion X). We were planning on finding a room on the way back but we were so pumped up we just drove back to Little Rock. We left Little Rock friday at 10am and got back on saturday at 5am. I am still one tired puppy.

All I have to say is go out and see music performed LIVE, there is no bettter way.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
flyfishtn
Club Member

Thanks for the review. Sounds like an awesome show! I love it when the rockers still have passion for their music!