Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2003, 01:16 PM   #1
carmine7075
Herf God

Tampa Rollers Brand "Corona Gorda size"

Picked up a few of these on my trip home to FLA along with some Gonzalez y Martinez(hand rolled at the Columbia Rest.) which I enjoy. These are Hand rolled in Tampa. White band with yellow and red lettering. These have a nice looking colorado wrapper that is finished off in a pig tail. Construction seems to be good. No soft spots, good draw.

These are a bundled cigar that are inexpensive, and I do not know the origins of the tobacco. I have to admit that I was not expecting much from these smokes. I had never heard the of the brand, but I like to buy the local cigars when I can to help support whats left of the industry there.

With that said, I lit this one up last night. It was a pleasant surprise. Even burn, fantastic flavors. This cigar produced a lot of thick white smoke that seemed to hang in the air for a long time. It also had a very nice aroma. Thats a good combination. I enjoy the lingering aroma of good cigar after it has been smoked. The flavors this cigar produced surprised me as well. I am not the best at describing these, but the flavors seemed to change (in a good way) in the second half. It started out with notes of sweetness and spice, then, in the second half, it produced a nutty/woody flavor in addition. I nubbed it.

I truly enjoyed this cigar(More so than some of the more costly brands that I have in storage), and I would recommend it to anyone as a good inexpensive cigar hand rolled in the Tampa, USA.

I made a point to ask if they would ship these, and now I am glad I did!

Has anyone else had any experiences with this brand?
carmine7075 is offline   Reply With Quote