Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Old 05-10-2019, 08:34 AM   #751
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I have not heard that euphemism for sex acts used before, please explain

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #752
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

last night was crispy roast chicken thighs, roast asparagus with aioli and potatoes bravas which made up for Wednesday's disaster with Italian sausage that did not sit well.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:07 AM   #753
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Last night, the girls had leftover Skyline chili. I had a 24 oz., bone-in ribeye. Everyone was pleased. Tonight is meatloaf using my mango-habanero salsa, fingerling Yukon gold potatoes and a green veg yet to be determined.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #754
jeepdad
Club Member

Just left a pub had ordered wings and fries washed them down with a good local Porter. Now, time for a fire and a stick once the sun burns off.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:16 PM   #755
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

The girls are having leftovers. I am making a bbq chicken pizza for me. There's a new brand of pizza crust on the market that goes by the brand name Caulipower. They ain't cheap, but two crusts for 8 bucks and only 4g of carbs for the whole pie is pretty good. They make a Marguite and veggie pizzas too, but I prefer the crusts and dressing them myself.

A little mayo, some cold cuts and cheese and you have a low carb open faced sandwich. Or, a little bbq sauce, leftover chicken or pulled pork, some diced onion and pepper jack cheese and you have a bbq pizza.

Sprouts had them 30 percent off, so I bought about ten of them. Love the crunch.

However, Caulipower is the only cauliflower pizza I reccomend. Green Giant and some other brand are also available, but both of them suck rocks.

Fine Cooking published a recipe for a homemade cauliflower crust, but I haven't tried it yet.

Unborn lives matter too.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:41 PM   #756
jeepdad
Club Member

Jason, my wife and I have made cauliflower pizza crust 3-4 times now. We have yet to perfect it but getting close. Getting all the moisture out is what makes it crispy I've read. Not there yet.

Tonight's meal: Grilled chicken tenders marinaded in Dizzy Pig Pineapple rub with a lil olive oil. Spinach salad with fresh cut strawberries and toasted pecans with a homemade raspberry vinaigrette. For dessert I'm making (first time) a German Plum Kuchen "cake". But using fresh raspberries as plums are not in season yet. Locally anyway. I had it when I was in Germany and liked it, alot!
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:17 PM   #757
Sancho Panza
Floridays
Herf God

Talking

Charcoal grilled Rib-eye, & Coke-cola.

William Faulkner, Intruder in the Dust 1948
Sancho Panza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #758
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Beef fajtas tonight. My heart wasn't into cooking tonight after a day where it seemed nothing was going according to any plan. Couple of onions and bell peppers cut and sauteed, London broil that I started marinating a couple of days ago.

Tomorrow is laundry and baby back ribs on the smoker.

Unborn lives matter too.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:46 PM   #759
Shadow
Charter Member
Herf Meister

Lentil chilli tonight.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:29 PM   #760
mike s
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Decided to fly to London to get some curry.....

mike s is offline   Reply With Quote