Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
chris12381

Romeo y Julieta Cazadores

Romeo y Julieta Cazadores – A peso cigar for the connoisseur

You know, I had been warned by some that the cazadores was a very strong cigar and that I should avoid smoking them while young and with a box code of FDO SEP 04, these certainly could be classified as young. But I’m glad I’m a poor listener.

This cigar certainly wouldn’t win a beauty contest. It is very rustic looking with some pretty pronounced veins and small wrinkles in the wrapper. Very very similar to the appearance of a Cuban peso cigar. In fact, the packaging of this cigar in a foil paper mazo lets you know that this cigar is unpretentious and down-to-earth.

Now the smell. Ooooh the smell. This cigar had a wonderfully damp and musky smell. It’s as if the smell one would encounter if there was a perfume called, “Cuban cigar factory.”

The draw was perfect.

The first puffs during lighting were especially pleasant and fresh. Then, without warning, a truckload of black and cayenne pepper was dumped onto my palate. Shockingly spicy and it didn’t let up. It just continued to build.

Now often, we read reviews where people talk about the flavors they encounter while they’re smoking. Cumin, chocolate, etc. This cigar contains none of these. Just tobacco to be had here. Wonderfully fresh tobacco flavors that hit you in the face and stomach like a young prize fighter.

I have to say that with some age, these cigars could be wonderful but they are still very enjoyable now.

I can´t help but thinking that this cigar is what Cuban cigars tasted like decades ago. The rich tobacco and strong smell bring me back to Havana. It is unpretentious, rough around the edges and intense. In many ways, it is Cuba.

Chris